Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Tooth Soap has arrived

My Tooth Soap from Rose of Sharon Acres came in the mail yesterday and I've now used it twice. The first thing that struck me was that there isn't much of a taste while you're brushing your teeth. I was vaguely aware of a slight "soapy" flavor but on the whole, it's pretty tasteless. That is UNTIL you rinse. Once the water goes in the flavor is unleashed. I wouldn't call it soapy and it's not very strong. It is a little sweet and a little something else that I can only describe as fresh. I did a little experimenting with bar soap as a tooth soap before my real tooth soap arrived and my experience with the bar soap was nearly identical; not much flavor to the suds, lots of flavor upon rinsing. For inquiring minds; the bar soap I used, twice, was Dial white. Word to the wise; if you're planning to wash a child's mouth out with soap, Dial is not a good choice. I'd stick with the liquid dish soaps, especially the already not-so-pleasant smelling ones like Palmolive. It's MUCH more offensive to the palate. Not that I would know you understand...I'm just telling you what I've heard.

Here's a picture of my Tooth Chips. You use one "chip" every time you brush.

Why would anyone consider an Organic Tooth Soap versus a modern Toothpaste? Well for one thing, modern pastes have Fluoride in them, a toxic chemical that shouldn't be in our toothpaste, let alone our drinking water. You can read all about it here. In addition to the Fluoride, there's a laundry list of other ingredients that shouldn't have any contact with the soft tissues in your mouth. For more information on that, click here and here.

If you are planning to order this soap, which I would highly recommend you do, you should probably order it right now before it gets any warmer otherwise, you won't have tooth chips, you'll have a tooth hockey puck. By ordering from Rose of Sharon Acres, you're supporting an American family business while taking care of your family's business! It's a win, win proposition.

1 comment:

  1. Just ran out of my Tom's of Maine-its not the greatest these days- and am looking to try these next. Thanks for the testimonial. I also need some body soap and plan to try the Sweet Pea as well.
    Thanks,
    -Trish

    ReplyDelete