Monday, March 21, 2011

First Week of Modified Atkins Diet (MAD)

What a rocky weekend!!

History: Maddy started MA on Monday 03/14. Monday night and Tuesday night, seizures were up.

Wednesday-Friday night - NO SEIZURES!
Saturday night - Stopped counting seizures at TEN. :(

Sunday morning: I was depressed because even though I'd said we were keeping our feet on the ground and our expectations low because we'd seen seizure honeymoons before, my hopes WERE high.

BUT...when Maddy looked at her medication box, what did she find? Her Saturday morning medications UNTAKEN. Whenever she misses a dose of medication, she has a 'bad day' or a 'bad night' and this alone could explain the return of the seizures. Hope returns.

Sunday night - ZERO SEIZURES!!!!!!!!!!

So...I'm not kidding myself anymore. My hopes are high and so are Madeline's. But the diet really does seem to be working!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment