Saturday, April 2, 2011

Seeds of Change

I talked yesterday about my crisis of faith; that is to say, my faith in what type of diet is best for optimal human health. I said that I was going to start doing some research on what the Bible has to say about health and true to my word, here's what I've found so far.

First, here's the latest book that I've downloaded to my Kindle. Aside from the fact that some of the science appears to be (woefully) out of date, I am enjoying the book quite a bit. Second, here's a blog post that I stumbled upon last night that not only expressed some of the same reservations, but for the very same reasons. After completing the blog read, beginning the book and petitioning God through prayer for His perfect will, I made a trip today to Shar's to pick up some hard red wheat which I intend to blend with some hard white wheat for several loaves of fresh milled and baked wheat bread for tomorrow - the Sabbath day.

Coming tomorrow...pictures of the bread!

2 comments:

  1. Happy bread baking tomorrow! Enjoy. :) I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts and discoveries along this path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo Thinking of the smell of baking bread followed by a hot slice covered in butter mmmmm not sure I can pretend to sleep tonight through the excitement.

    ReplyDelete