Monday, April 4, 2011

Epic Fail: The rest of the Bread Story

Note to self; You can't bake 2 2-pound loaves for the same amount of time that you cook 4 1-pound loaves because is you do, you'll get what you see pictured here. Ewww...

I decided that the one pound loaves were too small to make sandwiches out of so I used my two pound loaf pans instead. I thumped and thumped and thumped them and I really thought that they were done though there was constantly a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something didn't seem quite right.

The first loaf sliced up pretty well so I thought that things were A-Ok. As it turns out however, even the first loaf had a muddy section in it towards the back that I didn't discover until this evening when we got that far into it. Seeing that, I decided I'd better cut into the second one and...well, needless to say, it had a little more than just slightly muddy section. It had an entire swamp.

But tomorrow is another day and with it comes another opportunity to start again.

2 comments:

  1. its a bread bowl! yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi - that's PERFECT! Why didn't I think of that! It's not a failed loaf, it's a bread bowl!! Perspective...it's all in your perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete